Copyright © 2007-2018 gilbertandfriends.com
all rights reserved.
Revised June 6 2019
Bible Study Sampler Page 2
This method of reading the Bible is more fun than eating peanuts.
For a Sampler of how we study the Bible, Print the following:
1) "Bible Study Sampler 1" - teaches us how to ask questions
2) "Bible Study Sampler 2" - reminds us to look at the big picture
3) Make yourself a copy of, Greek Word Study titled "Repentance", Write down the Bible verse where repentance is found, after you have read the full context (found in parenthesis)
We're going to ask the 6 spiritual and physical questions found on the menu under "Bible Study Sampler 1", you should print that also for yourself as a ready reference in future studies. You will find this method of studying as simple as reading your Bible.
So get your Bible, and grab a cup of coffee, or some hot chocolate, and let's do a Greek word study together. Now that you have printed the section on Repentance, go to the first place repentance is found, Acts 17:30 and read the whole passage (verses 16-34). Then write down verse 30, word for word, from your Bible, in the space provided. You may make a few notes off to the side, as to what stands out to you. My only note when I first started, was that, all
were commanded to repent. It's that simple!
When you have finished the "Repentance" word study, you will have looked up every place in the New Testament where repentance is found. When you put together all of the puzzle pieces that tell you from all different angles, what repentance truly means, in what circumstances it is necessary. You will also see if repentance is involved and is a part of our salvation.
1. What is the very first thing we must do along our road to
2. In all these scriptures what are the things that came after
3. In all of these scriptures where is faith compared to
repentance, is it before of after repentance?
4. Is faith ever mentioned, when used in the same verse,
5. Does Repentance require action?
6. Is Repentance a command?
7. Where do you see Repentance in your walk with the Lord,
is a one time thing or?
8. What are the things we are to do as a result of repentance:
Now we can go into "Faith 1" together using the same method. Any questions, call, write or email us, please refer to the menu item: "Contact Us".
WRITING BIBLE VERSES DOWN:
Why do we like to write, by hand, verses out of the Bible?
In Deuteronomy 11:18-20 is the answer "You shall therefore impress these words of mine on your heart and on your soul and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall teach them to your sons, talking of them when you sit in your house and when you walk along the road and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates." When you do this your life will be multiplied.
PS: If you are at least 12 years old, and have finished elementary school, you are well qualified to do this!
If you want to know more about the Bible than 99% of ministers today, make yourself a copy of the remaining 5 studies regarding: Faith on God, Baptisms, Laying on of Hands, Resurrection of the Dead, and Eternal Judgment and do them.